Monday, January 30, 2023

NATIONAL PUZZLE DAY

(written January 29 on National Puzzle Day, 
Posted January 30) 


The Country Church


where people matter more than projects

where community matters more than creeds

where relationships matter more than rituals

where belonging matters more than beliefs

where God shows up in gratitude and grace

where Love lives and learns


Poem by Ruby Neumann 010923


Puzzle: "Sunrise Chapel" by Thomas Kinkade (Ceaco) 

Puzzle Assembled by Grethe Voigt and Ruby Neumann

Gifted to Trondjelm Lutheran Church on January 29, 2023 


Today is National Puzzling Day.  What better way to celebrate than gift a puzzle to my Mom's church.  I am hanging out with my Mom this weekend and it was the perfect opportunity to bring this puzzle to her church.  

In the puzzle haul I got from Mom came this puzzle.  I was already partially assembled, so I just pulled out the puzzle as it was and finished assembling it.  I had the idea of giving it as a gratitude gift to the church.  I wrote the poem "The Country Church" as my statement of gratitude.  I am reminded of country churches like the ones on "Little House on the Prairie" and "When Calls the Heart".  It was churches like that that really inspired me to hope that maybe one day there would be a community that was about community more than it was about church.  I think Trondjelm comes close to the ideal.  They are all about community.  Sure they have their programs and doctrines, but when it comes down to it, they are about the people.  The love they have for me is evidence of that.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

"Discover Fantasy", Experience Reality

Buffalo Games "Discover Fantasy" 500 pc.   "Who is she that walks down a guided path to what may seem like an out of reach ca...