Saturday, June 10, 2023

THE PUZZLE OLYMPICS: BRONZE ROUND

 


The Bronze Round features puzzles from 201 - 499 pieces and  one week to build.  When the round started a week ago, I had three puzzles in stock to build.  The first was this Stocking Stuffer.  According to the box, it is "The World's Smallest Puzzle.  At 234 pieces, it is four inches by six inches.  I got this puzzle at Calmar Pharmacy after Christmas sometime. They had these little micro puzzles on the shelf.  I got two... one with cats and one with dogs.  If I knew how much fun they would be, I would have cleared out their stock.  They were having a post season sale.  These puzzles come with their own set of tweezers.  Sometimes they are handy to have. The pieces are tiny.  


This "Happy Pawlidays" puzzle and the next one "Call of the Wild"  are both Cobble Hill 350 pc puzzles from their "Family Pieces" collection.  These collections come with three different pieces sizes.  I think the idea is that a whole family can enjoy them regardless of size.  I already posted the story about these puzzles in a previous post...  "Family Pieces: Puzzles for a Party".  


This puzzle is the harder of the two.  There is so much activity, but it seems to take a little more effort.  Still I like the picture.  It is unique in my collection as it has quite more of a human element that I am usually comfortable in my puzzles.  But because it is meant to be a human activity, I can let that slide.  I just hope I can share it with others.  I already did it once with my Mom.  



The next four puzzles are 350 pieces from my recent Dollar Tree visit in Camrose this past week.  I know I am on a puzzle buying freeze, and maybe I can still restrict myself for a while, but at a dollar fifty, it didn't seem like a bank breaker to add a few more to my Olympic Bronze Collection.  

The Zodiac was fun.  I like round puzzles and this one was educational.  I didn't realize that I couldn't match up the signs with their images.  I knew the ram was Aries and the bull was Taurus.  But beyond that, it was a learning experience.  



The Fruits and Vegetables puzzle is a micro puzzle along with the Windmill puzzle.  These are challenging, but because they are multi shape puzzles, they aren't impossible.  I got a micro puzzle that I quickly tanked because it has all the same piece shapes.  Those are the ones I give up on.  


This puzzle I already did once.  I gave it away to as a get well gift to a fellow puzzler.  So when I saw it in the store I decided it was too pretty to pass up.  

The last puzzle wasn't all that easy, even through it had large pieces and multi shapes. I am not a big tropical puzzle fanatic.  But this one seemed colourful and fun and a good way to end off the Bronze Round.  

Hi Ho... On to Silver!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Discover Fantasy", Experience Reality

Buffalo Games "Discover Fantasy" 500 pc.   "Who is she that walks down a guided path to what may seem like an out of reach ca...