Tuesday, September 19, 2023

THE AEROPLANE: A PUZZLE AND A SONG

"BEECHCRAFT STAGGER WING"


September 21 marks the day I plan to release my fourth puzzle portfolio video.  In preparing for it, I wanted Tim Minchin's music to back it up with a couple of amazing songs.  This puzzle video is being dedicated to my sister, and the songs seem to fit.  But I faced a little issue.  The second song I chose was "The Aeroplane", and I had no puzzles in my portfolio video with an airplane.  The timing of the end of the song"Carry you" and the beginning of the song "The Aeroplane" had me looking for a 500 pc puzzle with a plane in it.  What I found exceeded my hopes for a great picture.  

Cobble Hill is my favourite puzzle manufacturer and to find this puzzle in their collection was amazing.  What I love about the picture is that it is a biplane cruising over bush country in the mountains.  I can imagine it as the place where my sister wanted her final resting place to be.  She asked that her ashes be spread in the Rocky Mountains.  What a suitable puzzle to finish off my collection #4.  

But I have a few days before I am scheduled to post my video and I still didn't have the puzzle.  I phoned Hobby Wholesale in Edmonton and found out that they had one left in stock.  I asked them to put it on hold for me and drove into the city to get it.  It was definitely worth it. It was the last picture I needed. 

The song "The Aeroplane" was composed by Tim Minchin, but my favourite version is when he invites a young girl by the name of Asmara Feik to sing it with him.  That is the version I chose to add to my portfolio video.  Her voice is melodic and such a compliment to Tim's vocals.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

"Discover Fantasy", Experience Reality

Buffalo Games "Discover Fantasy" 500 pc.   "Who is she that walks down a guided path to what may seem like an out of reach ca...