Friday, April 28, 2023

FAMILY PIECES: PUZZLES FOR FOR A PARTY

For the most part, puzzling for me has been a solitary event.  On occasion, I have enjoyed the opportunity to gather with one or two others and enjoy some camaraderie and conversation over a puzzle.  But those moments have been few and far between lately.  But I have a dream.  

This Christmas, my sister gave me a puzzle.  It was a Cobble Hill 350 pc Family Pieces puzzle ("Happy Pawlidays") .  The puzzle comes with three different sizes of puzzle pieces.  Instead of doing my regular assembly, tape up and store... I decided I wanted to share this puzzle with others.  I had one opportunity on my Mother's birthday to gather with a friend of the family and we had two glorious hours of puzzling. 

I want to collect not only conversation, but memories.  So the deal is everyone who helps me with these puzzles signs their last piece.  It is my hope going forward that I can collect signatures.  I have yet to have another puzzle party, but I am hopeful that maybe I can find others to join me in a cheerful day of puzzling.  

I was puzzle browsing in town and found another Cobble Hill 350 pc Family Pieces puzzle.  It was a summer scene ("Call of the Wild").  I thought I might add that one to my collection in case the puzzle partiers aren't into the wintery Christmasness of the other puzzle.  

Puzzles take time, and what better way to foster conversation than by participating in a time consuming activity.  These puzzles are great for all ages.  I hope to discover just how much fun people can have together by just assembling a puzzle and maybe... I can invite them into some great exchange of thoughts, hopes and dreams.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Discover Fantasy", Experience Reality

Buffalo Games "Discover Fantasy" 500 pc.   "Who is she that walks down a guided path to what may seem like an out of reach ca...