Sunday, January 15, 2023

2000 IS MY LIMIT





When I first got the idea to do a 2000 piece puzzle, I thought this might be an achievable task.  There was a lot of colour and variety.  There was so much going on with this scene and it intrigued me.  It was so filled with human activity: a blazing fire, snow gear, a table filled with food... but no people.  Instead, the critters moved in.  Nothing about it makes sense.  The scene is filled with the evidence of human activity, and yet no humans, only critters.  I call it "The Evidence of Humanity in the Absence of Humanity".  It made for a challenging and time consuming task, but no where near an impossible one.  

I don't think I was finished with the first puzzle when I found the Summer equivalent on the shelf at Walmart (the former home of the Buffalo puzzles in my collection).  I grabbed it in enthusiasm.  It was like completing a collection with the same theme.  When I did the first puzzle, I was still employed outside the home and puzzling was a casual hobby.  When I started the second puzzle, I was already at home full time and puzzling became an art collection for me.  

I decided to record the process of assembly for this puzzle.  I took snapshots of it at different intervals and assembled the photos into a slide show that I shared on Youtube.  

"WINTER HAS SUMMER"

I even included my summer puzzle at the end.  I was proud of my two beauties and they are two of my favourite puzzles.  

They both gave me the confidence to challenge myself in the harder puzzles.   My puzzle table won't take on a bigger puzzle, so I think 2000 pieces is my limit due to the size of my working space and the size of my house.  But 2000 pieces is enough.  I'm into puzzles for the beauty and collection of great artwork.  I would rather do smaller puzzles and have more beautiful pieces, than spend a year doing something grand.  

I look forward to my next 2000 pc puzzle which is already on my shelf waiting for its turn. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Discover Fantasy", Experience Reality

Buffalo Games "Discover Fantasy" 500 pc.   "Who is she that walks down a guided path to what may seem like an out of reach ca...