Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Summer 2024 Puzzle Olympics: I will try again!



When it comes to the Puzzle Olympics, my track record isn't that great.  I tried out in 2022/23 for the Winter Olympics and soon got discouraged and didn't finish.  When Summer 2023 came around, I thought I would give it another go.  I was more hopeful that I had improved my attitude and wanted to see if I could find a little more joy during the summer.  

I tracked my progress on the blog.  Here are the rounds I did and the puzzles I was able to complete for each round: 

Opening Ceremonies Post 1

Opening Ceremonies Post 2

Preliminary Round

Bronze Round

Silver Round

July was the beginning of the Gold Round, I completed 5 puzzles and had was on my sixth on July 18 when tragedy struck.  Check out that story in the Gold Round post.  

I saw a post on one of my Facebook puzzle groups this morning and wondered if I had the nerve to step up to the bat for the third attempt.  Maybe I can do this one for my sister.  Maybe she can be a part of the journey this time.  

I have no memories of puzzling with my sister, even through we both enjoyed puzzling and had our own collections of puzzles.  There was one puzzling memory I was able to share with her.  It was Mother's Day 2023... my sister's last Mother's Day.  I brought a Ravensburger three pack of 49 PC John Deere Puzzles to the field with a table.  We had pizza and then I hauled out the puzzle pack.  While my Mom, my sister, my nephew and my brother-in-law worked on the sprayer puzzle, I recorded the event with my iPhone.  I didn't put one piece of the puzzle in, but enjoyed watching them assemble it.  It's the only memory I have of being in a puzzling space with my sister.  

"PUZZLING IN THE FIELD" YOUTUBE VIDEO

I will try again... this time for you, Jennifer.  You were better at rule keeping than I was.  Maybe now I will be able to tap into your energy and the rules won't bother me so much this time.  Maybe even the rules will bring me joy this time and remind me of you.                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Deere - Then and Now

Ravensburger 1000 pc  "John Deere Then and Now"  This puzzle attracted me to a story about what could have been.  I imagine the tw...