Friday, April 7, 2023

LENTEN PUZZLES COMPLETED.


 Today is the day on the calendar identified as "Good Friday".  Forty-nine days ago, I started three puzzles.  (See original post here) Every day I added a piece to each puzzle. Today the puzzles were completed.  


I wanted to do something to mark each day.  Maybe the farming theme doesn't have much to do with Lent, but I liked the colour and activity of the pictures, so I chose them as my puzzles.  Lent, like Advent, is my way of finding space during a season to minimize the pain at the end.  I still want the journey to matter, even though the destination ceases to have meaning for me now.  


This puzzle has a little personal controversy for me that I just noticed this morning. This tractor is spraying his crop, and I am a supporter of organic farming.  How do I find beauty in the puzzle when the picture seems to remind me of what I don't support in my world?  Maybe that is the part of the journey.  How many other things in life do I need to find space for that I don't support?  What a lesson for today.  


This is my most favourite of all the three puzzles because of the beauty of the sky.  The colours and the birds make this harvest scene come alive.  I guess it symbolizes the end of the journey.  Or is it the beginning of the bread.  Did I also mention that I don't eat bread anymore.  My gluten free diet also makes this picture not part of my world.  But somehow I still get to find beauty in the pictures, even though the inspiration is a little foreign to me now.   

After I photographed them, I collapsed these puzzles, with the hope that I can find someone else that might enjoy assembling them again with me.  I still long for the opportunity to puzzle with others.  There is so much joy in the community of puzzling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Discover Fantasy", Experience Reality

Buffalo Games "Discover Fantasy" 500 pc.   "Who is she that walks down a guided path to what may seem like an out of reach ca...