Monday, January 2, 2023

THE FINISHED UNFINISHED PUZZLE OF THE WORLD


 The biggest decision in starting a new blog on "Puzzles with Stories", was "What puzzle do I start with?"  It didn't take long to pick the most unique puzzle I could find.  It was the one that I technically didn't finish.  

I got this puzzle from Winners compliments of a gift card I got from my sister in 2020.  It is a 1000 pc puzzle and I thought it looked colourful enough to have a successful go at it.  I did well up until the pale blue water that makes up a good portion of the puzzle.  The puzzle is ribbon cut with all the puzzle pieces being the same size.  It became a chore to even imagine finishing it.  So what I did was bring a little creativity into it.  

I went to the Dollarama and got a piece of baby blue poster board.  I was amazed that the colours matched so well.  Then I took some of the remaining puzzle pieces and glued them sporadically on the poster board where I could fit them.  Voila!  A finished puzzle.  

I am pretty proud of this piece of artwork, because it is the picture of what is possible when the task seems impossible, or a big waste of time.  

I am not a rules person when it comes to jigsaw puzzles.  I find a way to break most of them.  But for the most part, I do like to finish my puzzles and keep them intact.  This one proved an exception, but in the end, I found a way to creatively finish it anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Discover Fantasy", Experience Reality

Buffalo Games "Discover Fantasy" 500 pc.   "Who is she that walks down a guided path to what may seem like an out of reach ca...