Wednesday, April 19, 2023

A PUZZLE HAUL IN A VERY JOYFUL DAY


 It must have been quite the sight at the Bashaw Thrift Store yesterday.  There I was, sitting on the floor, making my pile of puzzles.  I discovered that most of the joy of puzzles is in the acquiring.  I really discovered how amazing it is to find a stack and not need a huge investment.  These puzzles were paid for by my friend Marlene for a birthday gift, but I was blown away that she only paid $2.00 for each puzzle.  So for a total of fourteen dollars, I walked out with 9050 puzzle pieces. That is 0.0015 cents for 1 puzzle piece.  What a bargain!  I might be back there again. 

Yesterday was a day of joy and my puzzle haul was only a part of the joy.  My mother came along with me and has thanked me three times already for the trip. I figure she had a lot of joy too.  We got to spend some quality time with two amazing friends and even got to meet up with some other people at a community gathering at the church that my parents had worked on back in 1987.  My dad (with some volunteer help) built a new steeple to replace a leaking one.  

My road trips with my Mom are a treasure for me.  I don't mind driving two hours to have a great big hug and the words "I love you, Ruby" ring in my ear.  Love is an amazing thing and I was reminded yesterday that I don't need to be fully known to be fully loved.  Love takes care of the rest.  I wrote a poem about that.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Discover Fantasy", Experience Reality

Buffalo Games "Discover Fantasy" 500 pc.   "Who is she that walks down a guided path to what may seem like an out of reach ca...