Saturday, April 15, 2023

PUZZLING MEETS SPRING PLANTING




When I am out and about, I have my favourite places where I go and look at the puzzles.  I don't always buy, but I am always on the look-out for a new story.  Some of my favourite places include Dollar Tree, Dollarama, Walmart, Home Hardware, Cabellas and Canadian Tire. 

This 1000 pc Sur-lok puzzle is a find from Canadian Tire.  I can't remember what month I picked it up, but I was waiting until spring to start this one.  It marks my flower seed planting this year.  Assembly started the day I put my sweet peas to soak.  I worked on it the next day, when I planted my sweet peas and finished it the day after.  

This puzzle was one of the same shape picks.  I am leery of buying puzzles that don't offer me more variety in shapes.  This one offered me a lot of colour and variety in the image, so I figured I could wade through the challenge.  

Most of the flowers on this puzzle don't show up in my garden.  Maybe it's an invite to expand my floral selection.  This year I have tulips coming up for the first time in my Calmar gardens.  I was given some marigold seeds from my sister-in-law for my birthday.  My gardens change every year because I love the variety of flowers offered and wish I could find a home for them all.  

Spring work will eventually take me away from puzzling as I enjoy the outdoors compared to being in my office desk mulling over what piece to place next.  I would rather be digging in the dirt than digging through puzzle pieces.  But I also had another thought.  What if I brought my puzzling outside.  What if I spent time in the sunlight instead of my office.  I might find that to be an enjoyable experience.  It's something to think about.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Discover Fantasy", Experience Reality

Buffalo Games "Discover Fantasy" 500 pc.   "Who is she that walks down a guided path to what may seem like an out of reach ca...