Tuesday, April 25, 2023

THE PUZZLES OF MY PAST

500 PC


Not until I remembered that I had saved these puzzles, did I ever think that I would save more. 

500 PC

It was about fifteen to twenty years ago that these six puzzles found life.  In a Calgary basement suite, in my late thirties, I found time in my busy social schedule to assemble some puzzles.  I don't remember much about the assembly process, but the table was special.  It is the same table I have now. 

750 PC

It is a folding table that I picked up specifically for doing puzzles.  About three feet squared, it had a black leather top.  My dad thought the soft top might not be suited for puzzling, so he measured the table and during his next visit, brought me a piece of glass that he cut himself.  It fit the table perfectly.  He was right. Puzzling on glass was easier.

750 PC

As I peruse the puzzles, I am surprised to find that they aren't all that colourful.  I can't say they would be on my top picks for puzzles now.  I like a lot of vibrancy and colour in my puzzles.  Some even had the same shape and those are challenging with colour.  I am amazed at what I challenged myself with twenty years ago.  I don't feel that brave now.  


750 PC

These six puzzles didn't get broken down after they were assembled.  I sandwiched them between cardboard, untaped and unglued.  They made their way into storage at my Mom's farm, and when the pandemic hit and I was laid off from work,  I found myself wanting to puzzle again, I dug these puzzles out of storage and taped them up.  It gave me the idea of saving my work instead of letting it dissolve back into the boxes.  Now I have a growing collection of saved puzzles and with them, are these treasures of my past. 


1000 PC

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Discover Fantasy", Experience Reality

Buffalo Games "Discover Fantasy" 500 pc.   "Who is she that walks down a guided path to what may seem like an out of reach ca...