Saturday, September 23, 2023

STARTED IT ON A DAY OF DEATH, FINISHED IT ON A DAY OF BIRTH

Sure-Lox "Double Rainbow" 1000 pcs

Today is my Dad's birthday.  He would have been ninety-one.  I have been cleaning up unfinished puzzles this week and wondered if finishing this one today might be a healing project.  I shared the story of this puzzle on my post THE PUZZLE OLYMPICS: GOLD ROUND post back in August.  I shelved it because it was the last thing I did before that knock on the door from my Mom.  


I have been binge watching the live stream of the World Puzzle Championships 2023 in Spain.  The commentators have been fun to listen to as I puzzle along side all the ambitious competitors.  They have gathered from around the world into Spain for the annual gathering of puzzlers to compete in single, pairs and team events of speed puzzling.  Somehow watching them gave me inspiration and energy to finish this puzzle.  

I got to the end and like my sister's puzzle "EAGLE OF PROMISE", it was missing one piece.  Yet another reminder that the picture of my life isn't complete.  

I have found puzzles a strange grief partner on this journey.  I just wish I had memories to go with them.  I can't remember my sister and I puzzling together.  I wanted to, and maybe I did when we were younger.. I just don't remember those moments.  Watching the pairs competition at the World's adds a little envy for me.  I don't want to puzzle fast, but puzzling with someone else looks fun.  I just wish I could do more of it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Discover Fantasy", Experience Reality

Buffalo Games "Discover Fantasy" 500 pc.   "Who is she that walks down a guided path to what may seem like an out of reach ca...