Saturday, April 15, 2023

REMEMBER THE JOY


 This puzzle is one of my Dollar Tree finds.  Dollar Tree has quite the selection of lower quality puzzles ranging from small size puzzles up to 500 pc puzzles.  But the colour and vibrancy of the images is what attracts me the most to these beauties that only cost a mere $1.50.  

Most of the puzzles I like to acquire are nature themed, but this puzzle was telling me a story from the moment I picked it off the shelf.  It was bringing back to me some very joyful memories of my life.  

Carousels, Roller Coasters, Ferris Wheels... and all the sugar that went with the amusement park experience... this puzzle tells me off those precious things I miss about a different time in my life.  I enjoyed wild rides, carnival music and the culinary delights that came with the experience.  Candied apples take me as far back in my memories as grade school.  Looking back, I don't know if I actually liked eating them, but they were also part of a happy story.  

For three months of my life, I had the opportunity to work in the West Edmonton Mall Amusement park.   It was the summer of 1990 before I went to agriculture college.  So many memories.  I was given free passes to all the attractions and was able to bring my family along for many of the "rides".   I am also taken back in my memories  to my trip to DisneyWorld and Epcot Centre with my parents and sister...That was in 1985... so many memories.  

Now, when I pass a carnival, I stop and reflect.  I don't automatically think of the joy that came with every ride and every game I played.  I look at the whole experience as a grand waste of money.  It's amazing that a little thing like the awareness of the world of commerce can pour so much disappointment on top of what used to be filled with so much joy and happiness.  

The puzzle didn't bring back me to that place... it only brought me to the joy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Discover Fantasy", Experience Reality

Buffalo Games "Discover Fantasy" 500 pc.   "Who is she that walks down a guided path to what may seem like an out of reach ca...