Friday, May 19, 2023

THE PUZZLING OLYMPICS: OPENING CEREMONIES: STATUE OF LIBERTY, NYC

 



Statue of Liberty at Sunset and New York City Skyline

Okay... I tried one more photo for the Opening Ceremonies, hoping to redeem myself with the Puzzle Police, but I still got an message that it wasn't quite perfect.  I posted one too many process photos and I put the whole title of the puzzle in the description and it was too long.  I still didn't do it right and I was still asked to read the rules, which I did.  They seem to be adding more rules. Or maybe more emphasis on existing rules.  Sounds like the story of the Pharisees of Jesus' day.  They had rules, and they had to add more details around the rules.  Was I using up to much data storage to have one extra process photo?  The name of the puzzle was long... I already shortened New York City to NYC and it wasn't short enough.  I am getting frustrated with this and wondering if it is worth it.  

Here are my process pictures.  And if I'm not done venting, I might add some more verbal exhaust between the photos.  


This puzzle is a dollar fifty purchase from Dollar Tree.  Puzzlebug is the Brand manufactured by Cra-Z-Art.  I already stressed out trying to figure out what brand I use in the description.  I went with Puzzlebug, even through the manufacturer is Cra-Z-Art.  It was a bigger name on the box.  500 pieces.  I got that right! 


Since this was an American themed puzzle (made in China)... I wanted to use American coins for the process photos.  I could only find one, so I used a coin from India as it's companion.  I almost followed suit with the other pictures, but one of them has a Canadian nickel, but at least the rules don't indicate that I need specific coins.  So there was some flexibility allowed there.


Russell of "Puzzling in 2 Worlds" is doing a 32,000 piece puzzle of the New York Skyline.  Ouch!  I told him he was brave.  This 500 piecer is my favourite of my NYC puzzles.  I only did one other one, and it lacked colour.  Russell's puzzle lacks colour too.  I don't dream of big puzzles that have lots of colour, never mind those that aren't that colourful. He is extremely brave for taking this project on.  



This was the shot that I had to delete off of Facebook as I had too many process photos for the piece count of the puzzle.  I am not quitting.  Now my goal is to make it through a post without the Puzzle Police reminding me that I need to read the rules.  The next one will be a challenge. I am doing a puzzle pack.  I wonder how I can screw that up.  I will do my best!  

One more observance... I remembered to include the box picture this time.  I hope the Puzzle Police are proud of me for that much.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Discover Fantasy", Experience Reality

Buffalo Games "Discover Fantasy" 500 pc.   "Who is she that walks down a guided path to what may seem like an out of reach ca...