Monday, May 22, 2023

ARE THESE CATS WORTH COMPLETION?



May 22, 2023

Here's the story.   

I entered a bunch of photographs into the Round Hill Bench Show about four to five years ago.  I won something... maybe most points for my pictures. Anyway... one of my prizes was this 2000 pc Sure-Lok puzzle entitled "Leopards at Rest"  Photographer Michael Jackson.  (and no I don't think it was Latoya and Jermaine's brother).  

This puzzle got set up at my Mom's place and for the last few years has been a work in progress.  Mom did most of the work.  After a while most of what was left was dark pieces.  The puzzle grew dust with one or two pieces finding a home every other month or so.    I told Mom that I would take it home and either finish it or do something creative with it.  



Today, I sorted out the remaining pieces as close to I could by shape.  They are all two pronged pieces, but the piece shapes vary, so I did what I could to to separate them.  I don't know if finishing it will give me a lot of joy in the process.  Maybe more boredom than joy.  But if I do see it to completion... I will find a moment of happiness and satisfaction. 

Aside from the cats, it is a boring puzzle that I would never have spent money on.  Maybe that is why it ended up at the Bench show as a prize.  Someone else didn't want to do it.  I don't blame them.  I admire my mother for what she was able to get done on it.  Will I get it done?  Time will only tell.  I want to preserve my Mom's efforts.  That is what is the most valuable for me in this puzzle.  So I either finish assembling the pieces or I will pick up some black poster board for a backing and finish it that way.   

Wish me luck! 

September 7, 2023... 



I went with the poster board option.  I did some creative gluing and it doesn't look that bad.  My Mom did so much work on those cats, I didn't want to just toss the puzzle.  So I did with this one what I did with the Atlas puzzle.  

I don't know what I will do with this puzzle.  I wonder if I frame it if my mother wants to look at it again.  All I know is that it has taught me what never to look for in a 2000 pc puzzle again!   



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Discover Fantasy", Experience Reality

Buffalo Games "Discover Fantasy" 500 pc.   "Who is she that walks down a guided path to what may seem like an out of reach ca...